Russell Hamilton Business Systems Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our company terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.russellhamilton.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and subsequently the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from 25 May 2017, the data controller is Russell Hamilton Business Systems Ltd, 63 Kelvin Road North, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G67 2BD.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.russellhamilton.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our website, subscribe to our service(s), attend a course or event, search for a product, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number or personal description.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, training providers, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us or our delivery partners. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you, us or our delivery partners and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we, or our delivery partners collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions any recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Russell Hamilton Business Systems Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act and GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act/GDPR. Any access request will be free of charge unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.